Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Detained Detained

The word i feared most!
Detained.. No.. i dont mean i got detained.
My goods got detained.
My lighting kit.
Apparently, We're not supposed to import electrical products into Malaysia.
How am i supposed to know?? ABX allowed me to import.
@##$$%$@#$$$@#  *not suppose to use vulgarity in my life*

Story goes like this,

I wanted to get a lighting kit and photography paper background thing for as long as i can remember. *not  very long lah. since last year june?? lol*
But what deterred me from getting it its because of the sky high prices in Malaysia.
And China is selling less than 1/2  of what Malaysia is selling...
So i thought i'm so clever to find such a good deal and immediately bought those items without checking Malaysia rules on prohibited items..
Wait for 4 freaking long days... STILL no news on the whereabouts of my things.
Then just now, got a call from ABX shipping company.
They say , Cik Ezra, items kau detained kat custom.
I was so UPSET.. *almost burst out in tears..! * Then i felt extremely angry..
Angry because since ABX know i'm importing prohibited products, they should have warned me..
I felt like scolding them, saying its all their faults..
But In my heart i prayed God you gotta help me out this time.
instead of being angry and anxious and sad and frustrated * you know how girls get when all this emotions hit all at once.. they get MAD. haha*
I felt peace in my heart. Peaceful as in everythings gonna be ok.
Then i also accept the fact that custom MIGHT not release my things.
There are just some risk you have to take in life.

Then, ABX girl called back and say that my bulbs and lighting stand needs to be approved by SIRIM.
And we all know how things work here. How things get approved.
She said we're not gonna do it for you.
you gotta go to Suruhanjaya to do it yourself.
And i say, i really dont know how to, i'm just a student..
She said call the Custom Officer.
I said ok.

I know where all this is going. I know they will ask for smth ($$$) in returned.
But i dont care. I just want my lights.
Its like we're at their mercy. AHAHHAHA
Called the custom office, they say they will handle the paperwork
AND AND AND AND AND, she say i gotta balas her for her pertolongan.
I said how much. She said name your price.
I said i'm just a student. She said RM400.
I said no. I said RM200 and i want to receive it this week. (Today's Weds btw)
She said ok. i will give you the bank account.
Paperwork with sirim will be done tmr morning..

Whoopee~ easy peasy right...
But horr... i gotta borrow money from my mom. kekeke...

Its partly my fault because i did not double on the rules in Malaysia.
So nobody to blame but myself
-
-
-
-
-
and ABX!!

At least this time it does not involve the court and a lawyer.

I have a little history of items getting detained. * erm.. this is only the second time my things got detained*

First time was when my aunt in Singapore sent me PROACTIV skincare for my pimply face. (at that time proactiv is still not available in Malaysia)
Then all the drama starts...
I received a letter from Court saying that i import drugs la.. etc etc.
At first i wasnt scared, i laugh and told my mom.. see, i have a letter from the court..
But she isnt laughing nor smiling.
Next thing i know, we went to a lawyer.
Sign this and that... couldnt remember much..
 all i know is telling everyone that i got 'sued' in a sense. hah
To cut the story short,  proactiv was released to me.

Years later, Proactiv is selling in M'sia...
So.... i'm like the first girl to use Proactiv in M'sia


okay.. enough ramblings for today...
That's all :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment